The amazing health benefits of Radishes are known for more than a millennium. For ages, Radishes have been used both as food and medicine. Regular consumption of Radish Guards the Heart, Controls Blood Pressure, Improves Immunity, Fortifies Blood Vessels. Plus it is Good for Skin & hydration.
|Plant||Small, Root Vegetable.|
|Maturity||Harvest starts from 55-60 days from planting|
|Environment||Well-drained red loamy soil. Natural sunlight. Water whenever surface soil is dry. Suitable under protective conditions.|
|Height after growth||1-2 Feet|
|Planting Season||All seasons|
|Planting & Growing Instructions||Sow the seeds 0.5 or 1 cm deep, 4 inches to 0.5 feet distance. Regularly apply nutrients and plant protection.|
Note: Used as seeds only and not for consumption. Seeds to be sown before the expiry date.
- Seeds of radish can be sown throughout the year.
- Sow the seeds directly on raised beds or in containers
- Choose a container with a minimum depth of 12-14 inches & a bigger spread area (according to available space & your requirement) like the deep rectangular containers.
- The ideal growing mixture is 2 part garden soil & 1 part organic manure or 1 part garden soil, 1 part coco-peat & 1 part Vermicompost.
- Select a container with uniform drainage holes at the bottom.
- Fill the container with the selected growing medium.
- Make shallow holes (1 cm) with a distance of 1 x 1 feet throughout the surface of the soil medium.
- Sow 2-3 seeds per hole about 0.5 cm deep.
- Push the seeds a little in a soil medium with your fingers & completely cover them with the surrounding soil.
- Water the sown seedbed immediately by a light shower with a watering can.
- Fill the cells/cups with a moist coco-peat medium
- Seeds will germinate within the first six days or even much earlier & tiny seedlings will be visible with first leaves.
- If more than one seed has germinated per hole, cut off the smaller seedlings & only keep one seedling per spot.
- Radish plants require full sunlight (6-8 hours) in winter, so place your containers accordingly.
- Water your Radish container / raised bed every day in the form of a light shower with a watering can. Use sprinklers for watering the Radish plants outdoors.
- Manuring: Add optimum quality organic manure with a 2:1 ratio before sowing the seeds. Use organic manure like the well rotten cow dung manure, farmyard manure, Compost or Vermicompost
- Look for the early signs of fungal / insect infestation. Spray appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms are visible.
- Golden Radish matures 40 to 50 days after sowing. Radish roots & leaves can be harvested by uprooting them along with the whole plant from the soil.
- Hold the seeds and sow 2-3 seeds per cell/cup. Since Lavender seeds are small in size, do not sow them deep
Why is my harvested radish looking deformed?
Make sure that you have not grown radish in clayish-heavy soil. In heavy soils, deformed forked roots with fibrous laterals are produced.
Why am I not getting proper radish roots?
Make sure that you have used a sufficient-sized container with a depth of at least 2 to 14 inches. Also, avoid adding nitrogen fertilizers in the later stages of plant growth for better root formation.